Thursday, December 21, 2006

Day 8

8:50 a.m.

Dream Log: NASCAR

Well last night was hillarious!! I was a NASCAR driver, but not on the superspeedways with the corporate sponsors. This was more like the Little Rascals version of NASCAR with rickety cars and sponsors like the Kountry Kitchen.

The race was uneventful, but some of the cars designs were a total crack up! Just use your imagination!

Dream shifted to something else, but silly me thinking I would just remember it did not record it at the time. Next time.

On a personal note, noticed today that I was losing sight of the end goal just for a moment. I took oaths, as surely as any Aes Sedai swearing on the Oath Road in the White Tower (Robert Jordan, Author www.tor.com/jordan/), I took them and I will uphold them.

Just found myself wondering this a.m. what was so bad that led me to take them in the first place. Quickly reminded myself that memories were not requirements for keeping your oath, you keep it regardless.

I am excited about what is happening with my music too. I am branching out (well some would say I am just relaxing) but for me it is great to stretch the limits of what I did and do with my songs. I am finding new ways to add more depth and the possibilities are just endless!

Can't wait to see J this Friday to get a chance to collaborate some more.

As Porcupine Tree (www.porcupinetree.com) sings... it's the Start of Something Beautiful.

10:15 a.m.

In this interesting journey into the nature of what you fear most, I find some things not as I expected them to be. For example, I always hated being home alone. Dreaded it. Would hear voices, see people, jump at every noise, etc. I assumed that meant I was afraid to be alone.

Then it dawned on me... I work from home. I am alone all damn day with no problem.

I'm not afraid of being alone... I'm afraid of the dark!! (Silly, but true.)

Knowing what you fear gives you power over it. So let the games begin... Bring it on Boogie Man... I'll show it to ya!!!

No comments: